The deadline for voter registrations for the 2013 election year (9:00 PM on October 8) has passed, so this system is now closed.
It will reopen on November 17, 2014 to begin processing registrations for the 2014 election year.
Welcome to the Terrapin Electronic Voter Registration Application system, a system designed to help students of the University of Maryland College Park register as voters in the state of Maryland.
In addition to meeting the standard Maryland state criteria for voting, in which you must...
- Be a U.S. citizen.
- Be at least 16 years old, and be 18 years old by the time of the next general election.
- Not be under guardianship for mental disability or if you are, you have not been found by a court to be unable to communicate a desire to vote.
- Not have been convicted of buying or selling votes.
- Not have been convicted of a felony, or if you have, you have completed serving a court-ordered sentence of imprisonment, including any term of parole or probation for the conviction.
...you must also meet the following criteria...
- Be a current graduate or undergraduate student at the University of Maryland College Park.
- Live in the state of Maryland, either as a student living in University-sponsored residential housing during the school year or as a commuter.
Have an electronic signature on file with the University (you are given the option to provide a signature when you create your student ID card). The electronic copy of your student ID signature will be sent as part of your voter registration to the State Board of Elections as proof of your identity.
(When you log into this system, it will check to see if you have a signature on file, and if not you will be told that you cannot use this system to register to vote.)
...in order to use this system.
If you believe you meet all of the above criteria and wish to proceed, click the "Start Your Voter Registration Application" button below. You will be redirected to a login page where you will login with your University Directory ID and password. Once you have successfully logged in, you will return to this registration system and be guided through the process of filling out your voter registration application.
Please note that this system is designed to register voters who will be voting in person at a polling station. If you want to cast a vote in your home county without returning to that county on election day, you should apply for an absentee ballot at http://elections.state.md.us/voting/absentee.html.